Valentine’s Day Ideas
Amy P Photography – Birmingham, AL
Single Valentine’s, First Valentine’s, Married Valentine’s, Valentine’s with kiddos…
Whatever your Valentine’s Day looks like, we wanted to share a few ideas to ensure that you have the best time wherever you find yourself this season.
- Movie – Go enjoy a romantic movie, an action packed movie, a scary movie, or even a drive in movie at Grand River Drive In in Leeds…And maybe a trip to Buccee’s afterwards too.
- Galentines Party – Throw a party with some of your favorite gal pals. Make all the heart shaped foods and enjoy the company of those who love you for you!
- Visit a winery/brewery – Ozan and Morgan Creek both offer amazing blends and yummy snacks but if craft beer is more your drink of choice (or you’re looking for another single) then a visit to Ghost Train, Trim Tab, Avondale, or Good People is a sure fire way to enjoy Valentines.
- Blind date – You have a friend who has a friend who knows someone who right? You keep telling them no but they won’t listen. Let your guard down and welcome the company. Who knows? You might find yourself telling your kiddos and grand kiddos that you had your first date on Valentine’s and the rest was history.
- Spa Day – Treat yourself…Go get your hair done, nails done, massage, mani/pedi, etc. Whatever your idea of self care is, today is the day to make it happen.
- Lunch plans – Visit Pizitz Food Hall and each try a new place (or maybe indulge in each others favorites). When you’re finished, take a stroll in Railroad Park for some hand holding and good conversation.
- Breakout games – Birmingham has plenty of adventure games to visit and help you grow together in your team building skills or go axe throwing if you’re feeling a bit more competitive.
- Candles – Go create a custom signature scent that you both love at Paddywax.
- New hobby – Learn a new hobby together or try your hand at one of your significant others favorite hobbies (dancing, music, rock climbing, whatever it may be).
- Shopping – Go visit the mall and pick out a gift for each other or try on clothes and model them for each other so you can each get a sense of each others style.
- Take lessons – Try experiencing something new and fun like cooking, charcuterie boards at Two T’s in a Pod in Morris, try ballroom dancing, or a wine blending class at the Grand Bohemian Hotel.
- Coffee – Coffee equals love right? In Birmingham, there is never a shortage of coffee shops/cafes. Warm up and talk and enjoy the ambiance at O’Henry’s, Red Cat, Santos, or Maker’s just to name a few of my local favs.
- Bargain Hunt – Instead of a usual gift exchange go to 2nd and Charles and pick out a book for each other or go to an antique mall or bargain store and discover a cheap find that has some meaning.
- Photography Session – Book a boudoir session, book a couples session, get the family together and make it happen. Amy P Photography is available to capture all of your wonderful family memories.
- Romantic Dining – This town has a romantic restaurant on every corner. Gianmarcos, Giuseppe’s, Bottega, and Chez Fon Fon just to name a few places for you to pull out all the stops and enjoy a beautiful evening together.
Valentine’s with Kiddos
- Top Golf – Valentine’s can be fun for the whole family. Get together, order some sweets, and enjoy a par-tee!
- Autobahn Indoor Speedway – In case indoor go carts weren’t awesome enough, they also offer axe throwing and arcade games as well. They even have Valentine’s specials right now including Buy 2 races, get 2 free and race plus 1.5 hours of axe throwing time.
- Movie night at home – Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all. Cuddle up in your pjs and snuggle under your favorite blankets. Have everyone pick a movie and write it down and then shuffle them around and pick one to enjoy for the evening (unless you can all agree on one which would never happen in my house).
- Game night – This can be board games at home and a heart shaped pizza (even better if you make them at home) or a night out to Chuck E Cheese or Dave and Busters.
- City Walk – Go enjoy dinner downtown or Uptown and then visit City Walk and go for a scooter ride, visit the skate park or roller rink, act like kiddos on the playground, or just walk around and check out the amazing lights under the bridge.
No matter what season of life you find yourself in this Valentine’s, it’s never a bad time to volunteer your time to make someone else’s day, help your kiddos make cards for friends and or family, or just love yourself.
Amy P Photography
Birmingham Newborn & Family Photographer
My studio is located in Fultondale, Alabama (see the space)
email@example.com | 205.540.0224
Amy P Photography offers custom newborn portraiture to all Birmingham, and surrounding areas Maternity, Newborn and Family sessions are also available!
Bookings are limited per month, advanced scheduling is advised to guarantee your baby’s session.
Please contact me today for more information and to book your session!