How to Make Your Maternity Photoshoot a Success
Amy P Photography
1. The Benefits of Maternity Photos
A maternity photoshoot is a wonderful way to capture the beauty of pregnancy and celebrate the impending arrival of your new baby. These types of shoots are becoming increasingly popular, as they provide expectant mothers with a cherished keepsake that they can look back on for years to come.
Maternity photos are also a great way to document your pregnancy journey and create beautiful memories that you can share with your child in the future. In addition to the obvious benefits of having gorgeous photos to look back on, maternity shoots can also be a great way to relax and connect with your baby before their arrival.
If you are pregnant and considering a maternity shoot, read on to learn more about the benefits of these types of photoshoots!
2. The Best Time for a Maternity Photoshoot
When it comes to scheduling your maternity photoshoot, it’s important to choose the right time for the best results. Generally speaking, the best time for maternity photos is between weeks 28 and 36 of your pregnancy, when your belly has grown to its biggest size and your clothing still fits you comfortably.
Remember, every pregnancy is different, so if you are certain that you want a maternity shoot but can’t commit to a specific date yet, don’t worry! You can schedule your shoot in advance, and the photographer can work with you to get the best results once your due date draws closer.
When it comes to finding the best time for your maternity photoshoot, ultimately, the decision is up to you and your photographer. Take the time to discuss your options and decide what works best for you.
3. How to Choose The Best Photographer (duh me!)
When it comes to scheduling and choosing a maternity photographer for your shoot, you’ll want to do your research and select a photographer whose work you trust and admire. Here are some tips to consider when selecting a maternity photographer to ensure you get the best results:
1. Check out their portfolio, and select images that speak to you and your aesthetic.
2. Ask them about their approach to maternity shoots and their experience.
3. Check out their reviews and ratings.
4. Ask them about their photo packages, including the prints and digital copies they offer.
5. Make sure to ask if they offer additional products like canvas prints or photo books.
6. Ask if they offer payment plans and discounts for their packages
7. Check their guidelines, policies, and terms of service before booking.
These tips will ensure that you have a successful maternity photoshoot and get the best results from the photographer of your choice!
Your maternity photoshoot is the perfect time to show off your baby bump, so you want to make sure that you look your best for the shoot. Here are some tips for choosing the perfect maternity shoot wardrobe:
1. Choose clothes that you feel comfortable in. You want to make sure that you will be confident and relaxed during the shoot. I offer a Pinterest Board for inspiration!
2. Choose clothing that reflects your current style. Whether you prefer bright and bold or neutral and laid-back, wear something that you feel expresses who you are.
3. Opt for flattering shapes and silhouettes. Show off your curves and your beautiful bump in clothes that are tailored and well-fitting.
4. Incorporate some personal items into the shoot. This could be a necklace that holds special meaning or a blanket that is special to you.
5. Think about props. For example, you could use fabric and have the photographer drape it around you. Or you could use other items like flowers, balloons, or pillows as props.
Choosing the perfect maternity photoshoot wardrobe will ensure that your pictures will turn out beautifully and capture this moment in time perfectly!
5. Tips for a Successful Maternity Photoshoot
To make sure that your maternity photoshoot is a success, here are 5 tips that you should keep in mind:
1. Pick a Photographer You Love. When it comes to your maternity photoshoot, your photos will only come out as good as the photographer you choose. Take the time to research different photographers and find someone whose style you love and who specializes in maternity photography.
2. Schedule the Shoot Strategically. If you want to be sure to have both your partner and your baby bump in the photos, make sure you plan the shoot depending on your due date.
3. Prepare the Outfit Beforehand. The outfit you choose to wear for the shoot should reflect your style and make you look and feel great. Make sure to try it on beforehand and that the outfit displays your bump in the most flattering way.
4. Have Fun with Props. Props are a great way to make your maternity photoshoot more interesting, so pick a few items like a flower crown, a scarf, balloons, or a blanket that mean something special to you and incorporate them into your photos.
5. Don’t Forget to Smile. Take the time to relax and have fun during the shoot and don’t forget to smile! Not only will this make your pictures turn out better, but it will also make the experience of the photoshoot more enjoyable for you.
Amy P Photography
Birmingham Newborn & Family Photographer
My studio is located in Fultondale, Alabama (see the space)
email@example.com | 205.540.0224
Amy P Photography offers custom newborn portraiture to all Birmingham, and surrounding areas Maternity, Newborn and Family sessions are also available!
Bookings are limited per month, advanced scheduling is advised to guarantee your baby’s session.
Please contact me today for more information and to book your session!