Happy Father’s Day!
Birmingham Family Photographer
Provider, protector, jokester, toilet seat leaver upper, healer of all boo boos, fixer of all the things…Whatever you call them, the world is full of Father’s and they deserve to be recognized and celebrated. From the Father’s who do it all to the Father’s who do it even when they don’t have to and every single one in between. We see you, we love you, we appreciate you, we value you, and for one day only you get a pass for leaving your whiskers in the sink and the toilet paper roll empty. Do you really want to know how to celebrate the amazing Father’s in our lives this Father’s Day…Keep scrolling for a few fun filled Father approved suggestions and the best/worst dad jokes.
- Take him to Top Golf because we all know he’s the most “tee-rific” Dad in the world. Enjoy the day together swinging some clubs and bringing out his competitive side. You can also order some yummy treats while you’re there. I recommend the donut holes, they’re above par just like his Dad game.
- Is his beard game strong just like him? Single Barrel Barbershop and The Men’s Chair are just 2 of the wonderful old school traditional barbershops sure to give him a wonderful haircut and spruce up his already handsome looks. If he used to hate facial hair but then it grew on him (ba-dum-cha) then be sure to check out The Beard Club. It’s a wonderful monthly delivery service to treat him even after Father’s Day. Save an extra 20% by using code DAD right now.
- Is food your Dad’s love language? If so, take him to The Son of a Butcher in the Pepper Place District. He can pick out fresh cuts of cheese, seafoods, and meats. Let him fire up the grill and do something he enjoys. For an extra special touch you can always purchase new (and even personalized) grilling tools and gadgets to say, “Happy Father’s Day to the rarest of them all.”
- Did you hear the joke about the fast pitch? Forget it, you just missed it. But if your Dad is a baseball fan you’re close to Regions Field for a Barons game, just a day trip away from Huntsville to watch the Trash Pandas, or make sure he knows he’s out of this league and take him to Atlanta to enjoy the Braves. For any sports fan Dad, this gift is sure to be a “hit.”
- Besides Dads, fish are the best musicians…Because they know their scales. I’m aware that these jokes are getting worse the further down the list we go but maybe by the end, you’ll be fully prepared for a day filled with Dad jokes. Don’t want to hear anymore…Drown them out with music. Buy Dad tickets to his favorite show. We have a wonderful collection of vinyl in this house, so if your Dad fits into that category, you can always surprise him with a trip or gift card to Seasick Records in Crestline.
- Did you hear the one about the Dad that fell in love with his power tools…It was because his saw reciprocated. (That one was actually good and you know it). Power tools are always a good idea and if you can’t find something at Lowe’s, Ace, or Home Depot gift cards are a great idea as well.
- Detailed Dads love detailed rides. Get his vehicle detailed professionally, even though I’m sure the small children do a great job. There are tons of places locally that do a great job. A lot of them are actually mobile now and will come to you. Also if he enjoys tinkering with his car and or installing new gadgets then mechanical gifts are always a great idea as well. I recently heard one about the Dad addicted to brake fluid…Says he can stop anytime. I know we wish he would…And me too.
- Ever tried eating a clock? I don’t recommend it…Very time consuming. I do however recommend sentimental items/keepsakes. A few suggestions are wallets, watches, and even personalized nightstand trays/stands or charging stations. Check out Etsy for some great ideas in this department.
- I used to be addicted to soap but now I’m clean. That was a good one and everyone “nose” it. I really can’t stop now. Seriously though, he likes to smell good too. There are tons of places who sell amazing body wash and skin care for men. Lush, Ulta, World Market, and Bath and Body Works just to name a few. There are also tons of monthly delivery services who offer wonderful soaps and body wash items as well.
- You’ll never be able to fill his shoes but you can get him some new ones. What Dad doesn’t want new kicks? Take him shopping and out for lunch. If he’s not a fan of shopping, pick some out and keep the receipt. Just don’t buy him anything with velcro, it’s a total rip off.
Also, here are a few local food spots serving up the most delicious steaks that Dad doesn’t have to grill himself:
- Texas de Brazil
- Niki’s West
- Ruth’s Chris
- Galley & Garden
Here’s a cute craft you and the kids can make dad!!
Amy P Photography
Birmingham Newborn & Family Photographer
My studio is located in Fultondale, Alabama
Amy P Photography offers custom newborn portraiture to all Birmingham, and surrounding areas
Bookings are limited per month, advanced scheduling is advised to guarantee your baby’s session.
Please contact me today for more information and to book your session!