Spring Time Has Sprung!
It’s officially Springtime, so let’s all pop a Claritin and check out some fun local places you’ll want to be sure to visit.
We have made a list of 10 places for you and your family to enjoy while the weather is just right.
We have the best gardens, some fun parks, and lot’s more to do as we come into Spring!
- First on our list is the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. We chose this spot for many reasons. It’s fun for all ages, they offer classes like yoga (for the entire family), gardening for children and adults, Thyme to Read book club is a must (with zoom options available), breath taking scenery for photography sessions (wink wink), and the best part of all…It’s FREE! https://bbgardens.org
- Next up is The Market at Pepper Place. Pepper Place is a Saturday morning (7 AM-12 PM) Farmer’s Market located in the Pepper Place Entertainment District. Come and support Alabama farmers and food producers, jewelry makers, woodworkers, potters, graphic designers, and everything in between. There is live music and the chef exhibitions are a personal favorite. https://www.pepperplace.com
- Calling all spring nature lovers…You don’t want to miss a trip to Aldridge Gardens. Located in Hoover, it combines nature and art with storywalk. Storywalk is sponsored by the Hoover Public Library and is geared towards early readers. With 18 different panels in each book it is sure to leave you and your kiddos filled with wonder and adventure. Small kiddos will enjoy seeing the village of gnome homes (say that 5 times fast) as well. Aldridge Gardens is open daily from 8 AM-7 PM weather permitting. There is also a lake on site and fishing is allowed Monday-Thursday. Pets are also welcome ensuring they are leashed and that owners be mindful of cleaning up. https://aldridgegardens.
- Thirsty? Regions Field is home of the Birmingham Barons and is always a hit (pun most definitely intended). There are lots of specials like $2 Tuesdays, Paws and Claws, Thirsty Thursdays, Firework Fridays, and lots more so be sure to follow the link below for all of the great promo info. It’s a good time for all, with everything from amazing food (make sure to try the Irish nachos) to bouncy houses, while you enjoy America’s favorite pastime. Another favorite here at Regions Park is the 7th inning stretch. Regions field sits adjacent to Children’s of Alabama and during the 7th inning, field lights go off, flashlights are turned on, and you can see some of the most precious tiny humans standing at the glass windows shining their bright lights right back towards the stadium. https://www.milb.com/
- Barber Motorsports Park is home to the Honda Indy Grand Prix for the 12th year. This event takes place over 3 days from April 29th-May 1st and features the same cars and drivers that compete in the indy 500. There are lots of off track activities too including an exotic car show and a wine and beer festival as well. it also includes Barber Vintage Motorsport Museum that has been named the World’s Largest Motorcycle Museum by the Guiness World Records. https://
- 1 kiddo wants to go to an amusement park for the day, the other would rather enjoy a water park…I’ve got the solution! Alabama Adventure/Splash Adventure is a combination amusement park/water park where everyone is guaranteed to have fun. Park admission includes free pepsi soft drinks, complimentary parking, tubes, life jackets, wifi, and sunscreen. They offer a variety of waterslides, thrill rides, and activities for all ages. Rocket Racer is the newest addition and is the largest waterslide in the state featuring a six lane racing slide that will take you, your family, and friends in a high speed head first race to the bottom for a victory dip. Planning to stay all day? Cabanas are available for rent on a first come first serve basis and include a table and chairs. There are discounts offered for military and medical professionals. Pro Tip: If you plan to go more than once, go ahead and purchase a season pass. It’ll pay for itself by your second visit. https://alabamaadventure.com
- Nothing could be cooler than a nice spring day at Slippery Summit Aqua Park. Located in Cullman, this aqua park is such a one of a kind experience. Run, climb, jump, swing, and slide at the largest aqua park of its kind. It’s a giant inflatable playground…On water. Admission is $10/hour per person and is such a fun time for birthdays or events. Must be 6 and up to participate. https://slipperysummit.com
- Hoover Met Complex Explore Park and Splash Pad park is a favorite for so many reasons. First, let’s mention that it’s FREE. Second, the diligent cleaning of this area, the water, and the equipment are of the utmost importance and it definitely shows. Thirdly, did I mention it’s FREE? Another reason this location is a favorite is that it’s all inclusive in every sense of the word, featuring sensory areas and an adult changing room. Musical play, a double zip track, a roller slide, and Carly’s Clubhouse are just a few of the wonderful well thought features you’ll find here. Recommended for ages 2-12. https://
- For a fun day of breath taking views, good food, and even better dessert head towards Bluff Park. Park on the bluff and go see some of Birmingham’s most spectacular scenery, walk across the street to Mr P’s or Bluff Park Diner for food you’ll be sure to come back for, and then head on over to the Bluff Park Ice Cream Shoppe for a real treat. Next, head to Bluff Park Community Park for some playground action or if you’re feeling more adventurous and need to burn off some of your wonderful food, go enjoy the trails at Moss Rock Preserve for 12 miles of hiking trails and rock climbing. http://www.hooveral.org/1095/
- Last on the list is Red Mountain Park, but it is certainly not the least. 15 miles boasting wonderful trails for biking, walking, running, and hiking. If you have small kiddos you’ll definitely appreciate the flat trails for easy walking and stroller use. There are areas for climbing and zip lining as well as cool look outs all over the park. Near the entrance of the park you’ll find a sensory trail including 14 activities complete with a comfort zone full of swinging benches and pergolas. Had a ruff day? There’s also a dog park. https://redmountainpark.org
I certainly hope you find time to check out some or all of these local favorites and share them with family and friends.
We enjoy being outdoors this time of year and hope this list is useful in finding fun new places to spend your warmer days.
Amy P Photography
Birmingham Children & Family Photographer My studio is located in Fultondale, Alabama
firstname.lastname@example.org | 205.540.0224
Amy P Photography offers custom newborn portraiture to all Birmingham, and surrounding areas
Maternity, Newborn and Family sessions are also available!
Bookings are limited per month, advanced scheduling is advised to guarantee your baby’s session.
Please contact me today for more information and to book your session!
Leave a Reply