F is for Football & Food
Birmingham Family Photographer
I don’t remember the question but football is always the answer. From the change in weather to the awesome tailgates, football has always been a favorite pastime of mine. My husband and I don’t see eye to eye on teams but sometimes that makes it even more fun.
Regardless of who you root for, this post will make sure you score the most points with the most delicious sideline snacks, dips, and desserts.
- Charcuterie boards are currently all the rage and you can put your own spin on them which is a nice touch. Load them up with ham and cheese and crackers and fruit. Craving sweets? Make one full of cookies and miniature candy bars and brownie bites. The possibilities really are endless. I can not wait to try this baked potato board this season. https://www.
prettysweetprintables.com/kid- friendly-charcuterie-board- ideas/
- Bold Chex Mix is always a winner in our house and I honestly have never shared this with anyone who hasn’t thoroughly enjoyed it. https://www.ourhomemadeeasy.
- Pizza flavored anything is always a hit. We found this recipe for a pizza dip last year and if dips had fantasy teams, this one would be in 1st place. Bonus, this recipe only has 5 ingredients. https://plowingthroughlife.
- I recently came across the idea of a popcorn bar and thought it was a huge victory for adults and kiddos alike. And such a fun way for everyone to incorporate their likes as well. Also, peep these cute homemade bags that everyone could help with and even add their favorite team logos/mascots. Maybe turn it into a contest? https://www.momendeavors.com/
- Ready to slide into the number one spot in all the football food polls…Sliders are a sure fire way to go. You can do these a variety of ways ham and cheese, bbq, cheeseburgers, whatever you and your fan base are in the mood for. My favorite are the Hawaiian ham and swiss sliders and I’ve linked them below as well. Quite literally the easiest recipe ever…And the yummiest too. https://everydayannie.com/
- Tater tots and skewers…The best match since Snoop and Mary J at the Superbowl last year. Start C-Walking now and thank me later. https://www.madewithhappy.com/
- A friend made these taco cups recently for an Encanto themed birthday party and it was genius. Especially for those away games when you’re traveling to a friends house and need to bring food. https://
- Little Smokies (and no that’s not a nickname for Tennessee) can be made so many ways and are always a hit. From pineapple habanero to BBQ Hawaiian, I’ve linked 3 of my favorite ways below.https://
mondayismeatloaf.com/bbq-; https://mariasmixingbowl. hawaiian-little-smokies/ com/roasted-pineapple-; https://crayonsandcravings. habanero-little-smokies/ com/crockpot-little-smokies/
- Pinwheels…You really can’t go wrong with pinwheels. You can make them ahead, they don’t require many ingredients, and there are tons of options. https://www.
plainchicken.com/crack- chicken-pinwheels-football- friday/
- And the winner for the easiest tailgate snack goes to these spicy ranch Fritos. They are wonderful by themselves or you can pair them with some of the dips on the list below. https://www.plainchicken.com/
When I dip, you dip, we dip right? You can’t host or attend a football party without a dip. I linked 10 of my favorite go to dips below. Try 1, try them all, you can’t lose.
- Need some help in the recruiting/committing category? I have 3 words for you…Hissy. Fit. Dip. Appropriately named because you are sure to have a hissy fit if you miss out on this dip. You can eat it by itself, by the spoonful, on crackers, in tortillas, mixed with beef or shredded chicken, anything goes. Be aware that once it’s been made, the expectation is that it will always be available. Keep your recruits happy and make this dip to avoid having anyone throw a hissy fit. https://www.plainchicken.
- Taco ‘bout a game changer. This taco dip is a sure fire way to make sure everyone is satisfied, it’s quick and easy to make, and you can even prepare it beforehand which is a bonus. https://funmoneymom.
- No party is complete without salsa of some sort right? I love this recipe for a black bean and corn salsa because it’s easy, simple, and pretty healthy as well. Also I like to add pineapple to mine also just for a little sweet kick. https://funmoneymom.com/
- Tequila + Lime + Queso + Fire = W in the Win column. I haven’t tried this one yet and I’ll be honest this is not one to try at the last minute in a hail mary situation. It contains tequila and requires a kitchen torch or long lighter. Sounds like even if the dip isn’t amazing, the show will be. 😉 https://www.
- Loaded (Insert team/opponent name) Trash Dip…Easily my favorite! https://
- If you’re looking for easy and delicious than this spinach dip should be a starter for sure. Part of the reason this one is my favorite is because you can’t mess up anything in a crockpot. https://
balancingmotherhood.com/ crockpot-spinach-artichoke- dip/
- Looking for a dip that pairs great with everything? Look no further…This onion dip goes great on chips and pretzels as well as carrots and celery. Plus, I’m a fan of anything with less than 8 ingredients. https://
- This EASY philly cheesesteak dip is perfect for a big game crowd pleaser. Definitely a top 10. https://littlespicejar.
- I say bacon, you say cheese. Bacon. Cheese. Bacon. Cheese. This dip is obviously loaded with both and a sure fire crowd pleaser. 6 ingredients plus a ton of add ins if you choose (I like it spicy) and you can make it pre game and store it as well. https://
- And no dip list is complete without a buffalo chicken dip so I’ll share my go to. Double this recipe though because this get’s gone y’all. https://www.instrupix.
Full yet? The only thing sweeter than a win are these treats.
- Since gamedays and Dr. Pepper pair so well together, I’d like to share my favorite (6 ingredient) brownie recipe. https://
- Sometimes football’s tough, grab a snickers (dip)…And a bag of pretzels. https://
- There isn’t a recipe for this next one but it’s quick and easy if you’re short on time. Grab some strawberries, pick up some donut holes, and make sure to have a few skewers on hand. Alternate them on the skewers and call it homemade-isn. Strawberry donut kabobs. Another similar dish is brownie bite skewers with strawberries and or bananas. Drizzle with nutella or chocolate for that extra sweet kick.
- One of my favorite tailgate dessert dips to make (and eat) despite it being called Buckeye Dip. So yummy. Most people pair with graham crackers or pretzels but I love to use teddy grahams and the kiddos think it’s a fun touch too. https://whatmollymade.
- The level of excitement I have for these no bake Bailey’s Irish Cream cookie balls is unrivaled. I haven’t made these yet, but it’s definitely happening soon. You can also freeze these for up to 3 months and just have them sitting on go for those last minute football plans. https://www.
lifeloveandsugar.com/no-bake- baileys-irish-cream-cookie- balls/
- Sometimes you just need a quick go to and don’t have time for a run to the store. This strawberry dip is perfect and legit goes on anything. https://www.
smuckers.com/recipes/snacks/ strawberry-fruit-dip?utm_ source=pinterest&utm_medium= paid-social&utm_campaign= consumer-smucker-fruit- spreads-yr~fy23_br~smuckers_ cn~stawberryfruitdip_fm~still_ cta~n/a_sz~2x3_ff~7.19.22-7. 31.22&utm_term=-3more&dclid= CjgKEAjwsMGYBhDsl8_ JmsjPizISJAC1h6Iadvh3c8jaUAW6G TSikHezzSUy_ hfL8PMGXkf6dRtrLPD_BwE
- Because no one can sit down during games, we have the perfect dessert. Walking strawberry cheesecake. Tip: Pre made vanilla pudding works just as well as cheesecake. https://www.
thekeeperofthecheerios.com/ 2021/03/walking-strawberry- cheesecake-dessert.html
- Sweet AND salty? Yes please! These peanut bars are great for home or away games and take less than 5 minutes to make. https://www.callmepmc.
- If you’re crafty and love a theme then these Oreo football helmets are for you 100%. https://i.pinimg.com/
originals/18/56/8b/ 18568b95f9292ecbf95bc99109179a 68.png
- My favorite game day dessert/comfort food (because my team loses a lot) is banana pudding. We have the hot vs cold, nilla wafers vs chessman cookie, Auburn vs Alabama debates often so while this is my favorite, I know everyone has their own banana pudding favorites and hear me when I saw, none of them are wrong. https://www.
I certainly hope you guys are as ready for football weekends, friends and family, great food and dessert, and all of the game day antics as I am. Enjoy some of these yummy treats and let us know which ones are your favorites. Go team!
Amy P Photography
Birmingham Newborn & Family Photographer
My studio is located in Fultondale, Alabama (see the space)
email@example.com | 205.540.0224
CONACT ME TODAY TO BOOK YOUR SPOT!
Amy P Photography offers custom newborn photos to all Birmingham, and surrounding areas Maternity, Newborn and Family sessions are also available!
Bookings are limited per month, advanced scheduling is advised to guarantee your baby’s session.
Please contact me today for more information and to book your session!
Leave a Reply