Back to School Tips from Amy P
It’s Back to School time (already??? I know!) and it may have snuck up on you…
(It has snuck on me, and I’m sure a lot of you too!) But do not fret, we have some great Back to School Tips to get you ready!
- First thing, supplies! Oh, the dreaded supply list. There are great ways to get these items purchased – Walmart, Target, Office Max, etc. will have these items all in one area to make it easier to find. But if shopping in stores isn’t your thing, Amazon has great prices and even have School Supplies Packs (all items are already there and bundled up for you.) And one of my most favorite tips – Aldi is a great place to buy your paper goods. They have paper towels, tissues, antibacterial gel, etc. You will save by going here. Dollar Tree is another place to get cheaper supplies.
- Routine – it may be a good idea to start getting your child in the routine of getting up earlier and going to bed earlier. Getting into a routine is tough sometimes so it may be best to start early. You also may want to plan out your route, if you have multiple children going to multiple locations.
- Organization – I love being organized but I have found that school paperwork, homework, events, etc. can cause a messy home. So I have created an area where all school items go. Each child has a bucket so they can put their school folders, homework, paperwork, etc. for me to view. There are hooks for backpacks and a place for a large calendar. We can keep everything straight and organized here.
- Clothing shopping – Watch the sale ads and plan ahead. Some stores start their sales after the 4th of July. This is also the time to clean out closets and find out what items your child will need. Be mindful, some schools have dress codes.
- Forms – Make sure you have all the necessary forms & paperwork in order. Some students may need immunization records.
- Notes – This is my favorite tip, in your child’s lunch or snack, just add a little note. It can be a joke, a drawing, a heart or simply “Have a good day!” I started doing this and one day forgot, my daughters came home asking me where their note was. Here I was thinking that they did not care about them but soon realized they loved them. Maybe you can even make a note for the teacher – she may need some encouragement on the first day of school too.
A few extra pointers for all the Moms and Dads out there….
- Take a First Day of School picture! (You will want to remember this time!)
- Take a huge sigh of relief! You survived! Drink some coffee, put your feet up & plan a lunch with your friends.
- Have a snack prepared for after school so everyone can discuss their first day.
It can be a crazy time but enjoy every moment.
Leave a Reply